Wednesday, March 16, 2011

day ten - a photo of you taken over ten years ago

it was actually quite surprisingly easy to pick
a photo of me taken over ten years ago...



i have chosen this photo not only because i am quite fond of it, but because it reminds me of how much i used to love playing dress-ups when i was a kid.

the costume box is a childhood memories that i keep quite close to my heart. there are a ridiculous amount of photos of me playing dressups - with my sister, with my teddy bear, with my barbies, with my entire toy collection. in places all over the house... (you see, when i was little, i refused to take afternoon naps... instead, mum would find me asleep in the middle of the hallway...)

mum has told me stories of how i used to get all dressed up (including the occasional raid of the makeup drawer), take afternoon tea (quite early in the afternoon), take all my toys, my tea set, and sit in the cubby playing for hours.
i would make sure that everyone get dressed up for the grand tea party, and off i would go, until mum came to get me.

my favourite book as a kid was "A Proper Little Lady" - a book which tells of a little girl who just loved to get dressed up in her beautiful dress, her pearly necklace, her best shoes, and her best white frilly socks, but then loved to play.
each piece of clothing has a sound, and by the end of the book, everything has fallen apart, is completely covered in dirt, or is clunking along behind her.
this books pretty much sums up my entire childhood.

and on special occasions, like in this photo, i got to dress up real special, put red lipstick around my mouth, let mum do my hair, and off i went:
the clown of the party...

so yeah, ten years ago, i was a pretty cool kid.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment