Saturday, March 12, 2011

day six - whatever tickles your fancy

for starters, the awkward moment when you realise it's 5 minutes until tomorrow, therefore this blog is totally going to be on the wrong day... oops, my bad.

alright, back on track.
todays topic is: whatever tickles your fancy.
i looked at this title and i literally do not know to write about.

but instead of boring you with the ramblings of an almost-eighteen-year-old, i am going to decide on a topic, and write. about something that is really close to home. something that matters a lot to me. and that is; my best friend.

i don't know about other people, but the term "best friend" is so loosely used these days. wikipedia says:
Best friend, someone (singular) with whom one shares the strongest possible kind of friendship

but it's so much more than that. i know i wrote a blog about this in july last year, but since then my feelings on the matter have only intensified.
and if it accounts for anything, that one person that i called my best friend in July last year is my best friend to this day.

she is beautiful (although denies it), she is kind and honest, she knows when to be my best friend and when to be my big sister, she's a good listener but still knows when she needs to intervene, she knows when to sit back and watch me make my own mistakes, and learn from them, and she is someone who i hope i will be telling jokes to and having little sing-a-longs with when we are sitting in our little grandma chairs reminiscing about the 'olden days'.

since last year i have made new friends, and yes i have been very close to them, and hope that i will be for a long time, but there is nobody else that i trust more than my best friend, and nobody else that i can sit down with after 3 months of not seeing her and just pick up exactly where we left off; everything around us has changed, but somehow we haven't.

so say what you like, call everyone around you your best friend just because it seems like the cool thing to do, because you don't want to upset anyone, or because you want to fit into "that" group, but when you're sitting alone in your room crying over something miniscule, think of the person who would come over, give you a hug, and then tell you to get back up again, and that you are the most amazing person in the world. that, to me, is my best friend.

i hope she knows i'm always there for her, even if we don't talk every day, and i wouldn't change the way we are for anything.


Stay Beautiful,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment