Monday, September 6, 2010

friendship

a true friend isn't something you come across very often.
sometimes you may think that someone is a true friend, but it always seems to come crashing down when you least expect it, or maybe even sometimes, you can see it coming.

yes - this has happened to me, but i believe i am a stronger person because of it.
being stronger makes me realise my true friends.
if you are a true friend, i hope that you stay that way, because there's nothing worse than losing a loved one, even if it's a mental or emotional loss rather than a physical loss.
but then you find someone. and they seem to relieve the pain a little bit.

a friend once said to me:
"people label people, call people bestfriends... i really don't like it, i don't use labels, i am against them. i've never met anyone i've been able to put a label to because i feel like they don't know me. i always thought i'd never meet someone who i would be comfortable enough to be my true self. i'd never meet someone who would always be there for me. but you are my best friend. you are that person that i am myself around, that i love to death, that whatever pain they feel, i want to feel with them. i love you."

i don't even think they realise how much this means to me.

what i believe friendship is:
trust. being with someone who you can just sit with and be silent without it being awkward. memories. being so far apart that it hurts, even though you know they are always somehow with you. someone who you don't have to even talk to that often, but you seem to know that they are there. support. a shoulder to cry on. an ear to listen, even if there isn't always an answer. no judgement. love.
there is so much more, but i won't ramble on forever.

my point is, true friends are special, and to all of my true friends:
you are truly beautiful and amazing.
i love you so much, and can't ever thank you enough for just being you.

you mean the world to me, so please, don't ever forget that.

1 comment:

  1. You've managed to put a complex subject into simple words, and I love it. A true friend has an impact on your life that only you can tell the magnitude of. The idea that with a real friend, you can be alone and silent and not feel the need to fill the gaps with small talk, is so true. And I am so lucky that I have found a friend like this myself.

    Keep up the great work. You write the truth, and I love to read it.

    ReplyDelete